Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Monday, July 07, 2008

yarrrrgh....

You read the title right, darn it. Go on and just say it right now before you go on and read the rest of this. Now, after you say it take a brief sigh. Then, say it again. Do that every thirty seconds and it is possible that a person can understand how I feel at this very moment in time.

Right now, I have a Summer cold. There is nothing worse in the world than having a cold during Summer. It's like having the chicken pox on Halloween or or the mumps on Christmas. It suck to Hell this cold. You can't do anything and you're sniffling and sneezing all over the place, trying not to spread your germs everywhere, but you can't help it. The cold has you in its nasty, filth ridden grip until it lets you go and so far, it has had me locked down for over two weeks. Two weeks is way too long to have this affliction. Someone, please take my life. Make it fast, quick and painless, just as long as I know this cold is gone and I can go to Heaven with a clean sinus and a clear head.

I'm trying to use the typical cold cures. You know, that whole "starve a cold, feed a fever" bullcrap. Yesterday, it was the other way around as for dinner I enjoyed an old fashioned home cooked meal courtesy of the Fairmont restaurant here in town. It's one of those little secrets we like to keep from the tourists in Savannah so they can stay away from the really good stuff. It's an all you can eat Southern buffet and I took home to go a tray of fried chicken, collard greens and rice, mac and cheese, potato salad, sweet potato soufflé and cornbread. I got that because every house I went to for their Fourth of July picnics has good food, but I wanted Mama's food. But, I digress. Well, kind of sorta. I wish Mama was here now. Just so I can get wrapped in a blanket and fed chicken noodle soup with a kiss on the forehead. Yes, it is that bad.

I'm going to stop this post now. I'm only going to be here at the radio station for another hour to get the local traffic reports done. But as soon as it's over, I am leaving to go to the grocery store for some lemon juice and some Campbell's Soup. I may have missed school today due to the fact that I look like a Black zombie, but I hope that by Wednesday I should be somewhat back to normal. Pray to Peschi that I make it through this Hell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home