Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Radio Fireworks

Alright, this should be some good news for folks. Tomorrow, I'm back on the air again at my regular time of 12 Noon till 4 pm on WEAS FM/E93. The cool part is it's a Holiday Mix Weekend, where we play DJ mixes of rap and R&B. The cool part for me is I'm going to be playing old school Hip Hop from Run-DMC, Eric B and Rakim, Grandmaster Flash, The Beastie Boys among others. I liken it to the founding fathers of rap for the Fourth of July Weekend, so it's worth listening to. Plus, these freaking kids need a lesson on how to make music these days. I had one snot nosed punk call me Friday when I filled in for the midday jock and asked me during the mix was ever going to play something good at some point. That's when I caled him a few choice words and hung up on the little turd. He'll probably will grow up to be a reality show star and end up a rich little tool, but he will never be happy. At least that is what I hope happens to him and that's the nice version.

I almost forgot to mention that the station streams online. If you've got some time, sit back and give it a listen and let me know what you think. By the way, don't expect me to be too relaxed on the air. I have to play up the whole hype DJ thing and "spit fire", as I like to call it. It's a hoot, but you get tired at the end of the show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home