Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Slushie Nirvana


Here's the dilemma: I'm supposed to watch my fluid intake because of my kidney problems. However, it's now hot as the dickens here in Savannah and I get thirsty. What's a guy got to do when he feels like he needs to rehydrate?

I know that somewhere near you there's a Sonic Drive-In. I'm not a big fan of the food there. I think they boil their Coney Dogs instead of grilling them like I like them, and their burgers are nothing really to write home to . They sell ice cream desserts and shakes, but my favorite item on their menu is their slushes. They have, or so they say in their ads, over 168,000 drink combinations for the drink and I truly believe they do after today. I've had many of them, including grape/orange, cranberry/lemon, among others. Today this time I had what could be the greatest of all combos: Iced tea and lemon. Now, in some places that's called an "Arnold Palmer", named after the great golfer. When I too that first sip, I felt like I hit a hole-in-one on the thirteen in Augusta. Pure, wet, cold heaven on a hot, muggy day.

If you ever get a chance, stop by your by the Sonic near you and I dare you to make up a slushie
combo. It really is a fun thing to do when you get there. But I must personally recommend an iced tea and Fresh Lemon slush. Just don't call it an "Arnold Palmer". The kids at the windo might not know what you're talking about.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home