Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Friday, June 13, 2008

Savor Every Pop Tart

I just got this birthday greeting from Dave Hewitt.

"At our house on your birthday you get pop tarts served in bed. (It keeps
the kids for begging for them the other 364 days). It all started when I
was working as a temp. I felt terrible because it was my birthday, and I
didn't have a real job. A fellow temp gave me a pop tart as a birthday
present. I felt much happier after getting the pop tart, even if I was
still a temp. Ever since them I've always equated Pop Tarts with
birthdays. Here's a whole box for you to savor on Saturday."

I wanted to talk about seeing "The Incredible Hulk" last night at midnight and how I should really give up late night movies, but I just got the word of NBC News Washington Chief Tim Russert passing away just two hours ago. I got the word as I was in the clinic doing my dialysis today instead of Saturday so I can celebrate without being loopy as I am now typing this at work.
My condolences to his family and to the NBC news team. I hope that if he got the chance, he savored every Pop Tart as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home