Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Friday, May 09, 2008

Livin' My Life Like It's Golden

I originally sent this letter out to Tina a few days ago. It was so good, I'd thought I'd share it with you today.

Because I am lazy.

Today started out rough. I mean, rough. I was feeling down and I really needed to cheer up. I hate my online classes and it was driving me crazy. While I was in the car, I talked to God and Mama, as I like to do a lot of these days. I told them my problem and asked if they could let me know everything is gonna be alright.other than that,I went on with my day. New comics came in into the store today and I got to joke around with all my pals at The Comic Box like I do every week. wen chat about nerd stuff and who can beat who every week, which is always fun.

At one point, I was joking around with one of the guys and I told him I would sock him in the nose. The guy said, "You know, if you hit me there, you would actually kill me", as nerds secretly know fifty ways to kill a guy, but are too scared to do something about it. That's when I said, "I got nothing to lose". Afterwards, someone who overheard me said, "Sir, you are a
dangerous man." To which I stated, "You know, I literally at death's door three times a week. I guess if I go, I gotta go." At that point, I became okay with my own mortality for the very first time. Everything is cool. If you die, you die. It may not be in the game plan, but it is what it it. But until then, all you gotta do is keep on moving.

My mind still lingered on taking a break from college for a quarter when I got to work, and I talked it out with Damien's girlfriend Nichole. She was right when she told me that if I've gotten this far and I shouldn't stop now or else I'll become Jan and quit and never go back when you could have a degree. I just needed to be sure that I would be okay.

I left work and rushed to the college as I had to be there at six for a test. I worked on the notes at work and was prepared. As soon as I walked in, folks were already started, so my teacher Mr. Cone gave me my copy of the test and I started as quick as I could. Before you knew it, after thirty questions, I was done before everyone in the class. I was the last to enter and the first to leave. Sweet.

Then, i saw one of my classmates Denise and she had asked if I had seen another classmate named Will, to which I told her that I didn't. Denise said she was looking for to see if he could change her tire since she had a flat. I told her I was offended because I may look like a geek, but I can change a tire. She showed me her car and the flat on the driver's backside and changed it in fifteen minutes, all while the class was on a break. We noticed that her donut tire was flat, so I told her to go to the nearest gas station to get some air to make sure it was good. After the class, I followed her to the air pump at Enmark on Waters where we filled it up, but sadly there was a leak in that tire was well. I advised her to buy a can of FIX-A-FLAT which you spray into the tire, covers the inside of the rim with adhesive and air until you can get to a tire store. We got it and it worked and we were both getting ready to leave when all of a sudden a man in a white truck asked us if we had I flat tire and I explained to him the situation. He said that he could fix the first flat by plugging the hole and he had the stuff in his truck. When I asked him how much would it cost to do it, he said that it's no cost and that he was just paying it forward. I looked at Denise and said, "Today was your day for good blessings". I drove off knowing that she was in safe hands.

So, what have I learned today? Simple: To don't give up, don't look back, and always give forward. It's the best feeling in the world.

Oh, and I decided to return for Summer quarter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home