Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Find Your Own Porch

I haven't had that much sleep over the weekend, what with all the karaoke and dialysis, plus I need to study for a mid-term test that I missed Wednesday due to the sleep study. Thoughout all that, I walked into the radio station today to do my weekly show. I caught up with my friend Jen, who works with me and is a fellow blogger in her own right and a member of The Leauge Of Savannah Bloggers. She looked at me and said that I look tired and I began to tell her all about my trials and tribualtions this week and that I'm now taking Attavan to help with the panic attacks. Other than that, I'm over workeed and under done.

Jen then began to tell me a story about how she when up the Georgia mountains last week to visit her in-laws and that whenever she tried to help, her mother-in-law would push her out onto the porch and make her sit there to relax. Mind you, Jen is pregnant so the mother-in-law was correct. Still, Jen told me that when she got to the porch there was this moment of peace and serenity from just watching the rain fall from the sides of the house and watching the brances sway in the wind. That's when she told me, "Sam, sometimes you have to go out and find your own porch. It's hard, but when you finally get to relax it's be the best thing in the world for you. Just find your own porch." At that point, I almost began to cry. I really wish I can find that porch soon before it's too late.

Anyway, I really did have other stuff I wanted to talk about. But I just wanted to get that off my chest for now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home