Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008-The Year of Truthidity

After the year we've all had last year, you would think it would be time for a break. Nope. As soon as the new year in just into nearly a week, Britney Spears goes bananas and nearly tops the proper headline in the news that there is a Black man in Iowa for the very first time EVER. Where are getting ready to elect a new president of our country and Miss Wacky Go Boom Boom gets catred off in an ambulance and all of the world is there to see it. It is so true it is stupid and vice versa. That is why I am calling 2008 The Year of Truthidity. Truth+Stupid=Truthidity. Simple as that.


Think about it for a moment. Have you ever had something so dumb happen to you and it was so unbeliveable that it just couldn't be real, yet it was? If there is a proper word for it, like "irony", then I would use it. But I don't wanna because that is too big a word for this. Nope, it's time to break it down to it's blue collar, Joe Sixpack roots. Here's some personal examples...

I go to dialysis three days a week, and yet I have a full class load for college, I host kareoke three times a week, a radio once a week, and I look like a slim Al Roker. Dammit.

I don't drink or smoke anymore and can't stand it now, but I still work in placces that have them both in the air and when I get home, I wind up smelling like a Queens, N.Y. living room.

I am a Black man who can sing the hell out of some Lynyrd Skynrd. Actually, I like that one becasue that pisses off the rednecks in town here. I can't help it, but it's funny to see the looks on their faces when I do "What's You're Name" with a bad assed swagger. It's funny because it's true, a great man once said. Because it is true, it is also stupid as anything. Hence Truthidity.

It seems to me that these days, the most sane people in the world will do the craziest things in the world, wheather it's smart or not. Look at the presidential canidates. A woman? A Black man? A Hobbit with a hot red head for a wife? Arthur from "Law and Order"? Added to the fact that those mysterious cacuses are earler than ever, all so we can get this year over with quickly to get the other guy in the office out as soon as possible? That is just truthid.

Or how about the Writer's Stike? As much as I support the WGA, it's time to get these guys back to work before we have nothing left on television but reality shows. Omerosa is back on the air for no damn good reason at all again. Survivor: All Stars have brought back the canker sore that is Jonny Fairplay. Who he hell is Heidi Montag and why is she so popular? Even Snoop Dogg has a show. I thought he would have the sense and Semsemilia to just cut records, but now he just comes off as a Hip Hop Ozzy Osbourne. What next, TV people? "Manson's Family" with a day in the life of Marylin Manson and his brood?

All I'm trying to say here is that 2007 was a huge mess and that is why I came up with "truthididty". I will bet you a dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts that someone will do the stupidest thing in the world ever and it will all over the news at the top of the hour and all you can do is sit there and watch it unfold like a bad train wreck and you will shake your head in disbelief that someone or something so crazy could ever happen. Remember, the truth is out there and it is stupid a all get out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home