Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, December 09, 2007

What had happened this week...

I got up close and personal with a scalpel again on Tuesday. For those who've followed along this far may remember that last year I was admitted to the E.R. for surgery due to clots in my arm where they usually do dialysis and that I had gone to St. Joseph's Hospital at least ten times in 2006 because of it. It happened again for the first time in over a year and a half, so I was at least happy about that when they noticed at the clinic. They quickly booked me for day surgery at the hospital and as soon as I got there, the nurses recognised me immediately. "Oh Mr. Johnson, we'd thought we'd never see you again!," they all said in a semi-humorous tone which reminds me of why I hate hospitals now more than ever. Still, they did their job and got me prepped for the the work to be done to my arm. As soon as I was on the gurney in the O.R. and they put the mask that was filled with goofy juice to knock me out, the surgeons had already begun to do their job and within two hours or so, I was done. Later that night, I was back at home on the couch, stoned out of my gourd with my left arm killing me. The surgeon had prescribed Oxycodone for me to take every six hours, but I only three pills in twenty-four hours since Wednesday and I haven't touched it since and now that is where the big problem lies as I type this.

Because of having the anaesthesia and the Oxycodone still in my system after Tuesday, added with the fact that I still have to take my high blood pressure meds at the same time, I am on a high the likes of which haven't been seen since Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams. I have been walking on Cloud Ten since then and cannot seem to function properly. I'm worn out and tired even more than usual and I finals this week at school. I haven't been able to study like I should and the added fact that I missed a whole week of classes this week hasn't helped the matter. I shall expect that I'll take the finals anyways still on this legal high but not doing as well I would have with out this problem.

Anyway, that's why I'm just getting around to posting anything until now. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Also, some of you could have called a brotha to see if he was still alive. Dang.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home