Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Christmas Cards

I hope that you all got your Christmas cards I sent out. If I didn't please send me your email today to samjohnson@gmail.com and I will try to send it out to you as quickly as possible. I don't really celebrate it to big here because it's just me and there's really know reason to go big this time of
year when you live alone. I also don't expect much when it comes to presents. A few cards maybe and that's it. The Kenner Star Wars Give-A-Show was a great surprise, but today I had an even bigger shock.

I went to my mailbox and noticed that I had gotten three cards today and that put a bit of a smile on my face. When I got in, I opened them up one by one. The first from from my radio pal CJ, with a very simple 'Have a merry Christmas, Sam and see you in 2008". I thought that was nice of her to do that.

The next card came from my partner in crime from my TV show Underground Savannah, Bobby Ruggerio, along with a photo of his kids Emma and Vinnie, whom I haven't seen in forever. The card said, "And now it is time for the Festivus Airing of Grievances!" I had a great laugh from that and it was wonderful seeing the kids. In fact, from what I see in the photo, Vinnie is just like his dad. INSIDE JOKE!

The third card I got was from my friend Tina. It was a simple little card with Santa on the front and the inside said "Thank you for your friendship through 2007 and I pray that 2008n is much better. Love, Tina." I thought how nice of her to send that to me.

I then read something else I missed on the car, right at the bottom. It said, "P.S. I have made a donation to your name to the National Transplant Assistance Fund."

When I saw that, I began to shake a bit. I haven't had a fundraiser for it in over two years. I've posted links to it on the blogs, but really I haven't pushed it on anyone because I hate having to ask folks for money. I even hatged putting up that stupid Pay Pal thing on the blog, but someone told me that it's okay to have it up. Still, I feel bad asking anyone for anything, possibly becasue of my pride for one and two, no one's just gonna come out and help a guy like me they barely even know. But, when someone does help, especially after all this time, at this time of year, it is a blessing. Truthfully, I have been crying on and off all night because if that. The fact that no matter how much I want to hang out and be a part of the gang, my life will never be normal no matter what. That sadly, I may have to live on the kindness of friends and stranger in the future in order for me to survive. And maybe, just maybe there are people out there who truly do care about you, despite all the craziness and I guess Tina is one of them. I'm all cried out right now, so this gives me the perfect chance to say thank you and God Bless you, Tina. Your gift wasn'ta toy from a childhood memory, or a tin of cookies and fruitcake. No, just a simple card and a gift I would have never expected that has now become a part of what could be down the road, the greatest gift of all: Life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home