Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, November 25, 2007

El Globo Rojo

I hope you had a wonderful Turkey day as much as I did. I wound up having to go to dialysis early that day, however I did get a chance to get a plate from my brother that day before I got home to pass out, so it worked out well (See rule # 2 in "Chicken N' Beer").

Just a couple of things I need to mention here. First, the appearence of Savannah's litle magazine that could, Murmur Magazine's editor Tadd Trubb on TLC's Trading Spaces Saturday night as he and his friend Julie switched homes and remade them . Tadd told me about this on Tuesday, to which I just laughed out loud. When I saw the show last night, I laughed even more. The houses look great, but those decorators were jackholes, especially the women. Sorry, but I couldn't stand 'em, encluding the time one of the ladies thought that an fugly assed piece of fur would look great as a rug. You'll just have to watch the show. I hear that old host Paige is coming back as they try to revamp the program, which is fine since I never really watched it in the first place. If you like the show, give this one a watch. Check your listings as I am not TV Guide.

After the freakiness of the Thanksgiving trailer, I thought it was time to get back to normal here, so I'm posting a very special movie here today. If anyone over the age of thirty-five remembers The CBS Children's Film Festival hosted by Kukla, Fran and Ollie, they ran films that came from all over the world such as Digby, The World's Biggest Dog and other such films that were badly dubbed but made for kids. There was one that stood out of them all called The Red Balloon, about a little Paris boy and a red balloon that gives him such joy. It was just over thirty minutes long, there was barely any dialouge if any and was a great short film, from start to finish. It's being rereleased in varoius cities across the country along with another classic White Mane, about a boy and a horse and both have been remastered for today's audiences. For those of you who won't have a chance to see it on the big screen, anyone who saw it with a bowl of cereal in the Seventies, or you've enver seen it before, then I think you will enjoy a wonderful story about the plesent bliss of childhood and how an imagination can make a best friend out of anything.

PART ONE


PART TWO


PART THREE


PART FOUR

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home