Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Goin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches"

First, let me wish you all a happy Halloween and you got your scare on today. If you planned me doing the day up, let me send you to a previous post from April about my adventures in The Haunted Mansion that will send a chill down your spine because it's true. However, today we talk fruit. I blame Stephen Colbert for all of this trouble...

It you are a normal reader, first let me say Bless You for that. Second, how do you put up with the craziness? Have you read the comments lately? This has gotten ridiculous now. Look, I say that Georgia peaches are the best peaches in the world and South Carolina's are not. Although, I did find this online, via Peach County.

Fresh Georgia peaches are available only 16 weeks each year, from mid-May to August. Although Georgia is still called the Peach State, it actually ranks third in United States peach production behind California and South Carolina, though Georgia peaches are arguably the sweetest and tastiest grown anywhere. In 2001, the Georgia peach crop totaled 140 million pounds and brought in $35 million.

First, let me say to Ivan ( member of The League Of Savannah Bloggers and who has finally made it to Blogger with a new vision for Thrilling Days of Yesteryear), I will stand my ground on the Ga. Peach. That goes for the Vidalia Onion and the peanut! They are from Georgia, along with The Allman Brothers! Greg Allman lives in Richmond Hill! His cousin Annie has a music store downtown! HA! HA, I said! Also, Swan Shadow (who is not officially a member of The League Of Savannah Bloggers, but would be if he lived here) should be ashamed for eating peaches from the can. I prefer my peaches fresh from the tree. Truthfully, it's how I grew up. I may be a semi-city kid, but I remember going to the country to pick up a fresh bushel or two of peaches that were as sweet and juicy as could be, right here in Georgia. Yes, we may be in third but our peaches rocked! Which we now segue into...

The Presidents Of The United States Of America and their song "Peaches". The lyrics are nuts and the plot for this clip goes nowhere. Kind of like this post today.

Oh, I almost forgot before I start the video...HI, MONKEY!

Like I said, Faithful Reader...Bless You for putting up with this nuttiness.








Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home