Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Keep On Dancin'

After watching "Happy Feet" on HBO last night (Savion Glover is The Man!), I decided to step out of the house for an hour or two. My drive lead me to Doubles at the Holiday Inn midtown, which I haven't been to in a good while. I caught up with DJ Sam Diamond who was on the ol' ones and twos for the crowd but nursing a busted ankle, so his girlfriend Holly was there to help out. I also caught up with bar staff, specifically Kurt and Cindy. It was Cindy who asked me how in the world could I keep up a blog like I do and continue to do the other stuff. So today, your reporter is putting you behind the scenes of this dog and pony show.

Fisrt of all, it's amazing that I'm able to do anything these days what with dialysis three days a week. Yesterday, I went into the clinic at seven in the morning because I was asked by Sam if I could come in that night for a few. Yes, it was hell in that chair for four and a half hours, but I made it through. Mind you, I hosted kareoke the night before at Captain's Lounge till 3AM with only four singers the whole night and I had nearly lost my voice filling time singing ( I did Jeffery Osborne's "Stay With Me Tonight" at one point), so it was a busy twenty four hours. I'll be doing the same thing next weekend as I'm at Captain's again on Saturday night for their Halloween party, then Sunday I'll do my weekly show on E-93 from Noon to 4PM. Add on to the fact that I have a full load of classes this quarter for school and it all adds up the fact that I have taken up the title "hardest working man" since James Brown died on Christmas.

There's no secret to how the heck I'm doing this. It's simply one part faith to two parts crazy energy. I figured out last year that if I just sit there like a rock, I'm just gonna get bored, so the best thing for me to do is stay busy. I don't know about anyone else with end stage renal failure, but I don't want to wallow the whole time. I want a life and the ony way for me to get that is get up and go. I envy the folks out there, 100% healthy, who have the chance to get out there and enjoy life to the fullest, but I can't stand the ones who just sit back and let life fly them and watch as they don't take advantage of it. I just need to keep occupied with other things or I'll bitch and moan on the couch about everything on this website and no one wants that, really. Trust me, reader. You really don't want that.

All I'm saying is if you have the chance and you just come to this page and you really don't much else afterwards, then let me envoke the words of the great William Shatner and get a life. There is so much to do out there and you can't let it go by. Keep dancing or at some point you'll miss your groove. It is as simple as that.

By the way, while I'm writing this I am also at work as we speak on E-93, so it's a bit of multitasking here. Like I said, I got crazy engery like a bowl of Quisp.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home