Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Drink Drank, Drunk

I did a bad thing on Monday night. I got drunk. To most of you, it's no big deal. To me, it is with my kidney ailment. However, with the way things have been the past few days, I really needed to cut loose. So I got WASTED and it felt good.

I got a call from one of my oldest friends Patty to join her and her husband Mike, who hosts kareoke at a place called The King's Inn. I can say there there is nothing regal about the place other than the drinks are cheap and the have a pool table. It';s hidden away off Skidaway Road and perfect if you just want to sit, get drunk and not bothered. I highly recommend it for loners and fans of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Anyway, I get there and there's only ten people other than the bartender there. However, I did see two old freinds of mine. T-Money, better known as Tadd, who is the publisher/editor of the local monthly magazine Murmer and Tony, manager of The Jinx while secretly performing great alt. country under the name Whiskey Dick. It was good to see ex patriats from the downtown Savannah scene around since I don't go out much anymore.

So, after the handshakes and getting caught up with good news (Murmer is going well and Tony is opening for David Allan Coe next month in Hilton Head), the drinks started to flow. It started with one shot of Rumplemintz. If you've never had it before, it's a cinnamon schnapps served cold. one turned into two which in time became three into four. We were all soon on stage doing bad cover songs. i did at one point "I Don't Care Anymore" by Phil Collins and T-Money and did "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" by Culture Club. I forget some of the other songs because by the time I did the Boy Georgem tune, I was f-ed up. Which just tells me I am now a lightweight if I can get drunk from four lousy shots of schnapps.

After nearly passing out at the bar, I got Patty to take me home, where I immediatly took off my close as soon as I walked into the doorway, walked upstairs naked and fell on the bed where I quickly went to sleep with a big smile on my face. I thought that some of you would like that desciption. Thank me later, ladies. I woke up the next day without a hangover and my breath was cinnimony fresh, so everything turned out okay.

I know that I shouldn't drink and that may have been the last time I'll ever do something like that again for the safety of my health. The thing was that it needed to be done and I have no regrets in doing it. Once in a while, oyu just have to let your hair down or in my case, let my scalp breathe. Plus, there were two things out of the night that worked in my favor. One, I'll be writing a piece for Mummer in the future (Thanks, Tadd) and I'm the new host for kareoke at The King's Inn on Friday nnights starting next week. If you have the free time, come on down a do a tune. I'll be the guy on stage sipping on cranberry juice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home