Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Monday, May 21, 2007

The Joke's On Us

Okay I got a couple of comic book movie newsbits for you, so check them out. First of all, Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer comes out on my birthday
June 14th, so I consider it a present to me. Nonetheless, Fox found a very cool way to promote the film.



The company has partnered up with The Franklin Mint to print up around 40,000 quarters with the Surfer's likeness to be distributed across the country starting on the 22nd. The cool part of it is the quarter is legal tender once it goes into circulation, and if you have one you can enter into a contest for a chance to win a trip to the world premire of the movie. If you're a coin collector, then this should be right up your alley.

The other item deals with the upcomiong film, The Dark Knight, which is the sequel to Batman Begins. If you haven't heard by now, Heath Legder will play The Joker as the antagonist. For months since the announcement, folks wondered how Ledger will look as the deadly crime clown. If you go to one of the newly created sites for the movie, www.IBelieveinHarveyDenttoo.com , it looks as though the site has been hacked into. Once the picture changes, it will go from the hacked photo to what you are about to see here.


I was asked by another comic fan what I thought of the photo. I said that I thought it looked cool, as long as they don't revert back to previous incarnations of the character. I'm just happy that Christopher Nolan decided at the begining to stick to the basics and not give Batman nipples or camp. This is a Joker that gives nightmares and that's what moviegoers should get July 18th of next year. That and Katie Holmes being replaced. WIth all that said, I'm going to the store to prepare a spagetti meal and get ready for the season finale of "Heroes" tonight. I deserve it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home