Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Run Down and Worn Out

I've had a busy few days and I'm a little beat down, so forgive me if this is a little short. I know some folks will be happy about that. However, my normal Tuesday routine of going to dialysis, coming home and passing out on the couch had a very interesting ending today. As I was on my way home, I noticed that there was a very slow taxi cab in front of me on the road. It wouldn't have been so bad, but once I'm done on the machine, I need to lie down. I mapped the route from the house to the clinic and figured it would only take me five minutes to get home. The cab however prohibited that time, as he had a fare in the backseat and wanted to milk this as miuch as possible for the money. The more he drove, the slower he got and I was starting to wilt. I tried to get his attention in his rear view mirror to speed up, but no such luck. Also, the horn in my crappy car is busted as well. By this time, I was cursing up a storm for this bum to speed up while trying to keep my strength up. I knew nothing else to do. I then noticed that I had an half eaten apple I had taken with me for lunch. By now, I would suppose that one wouldd have firugred out what happened next.

It hit the centerof the trunk while turned the corner. I didn't even think I had enough power to do it, but it hit. He and the fare never knew what hit them. I, on the other hand, made it home safe and sound. Thus endeth the day for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home