Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, April 08, 2007

I Gotta "Chick Habit"

This may be the last time I'll talk aboout "Grindhouse" until the Ultra Delux Super Spectacular 2 Disc Set With Authentic Poster gets released. Right now, I'm obessed with the closing song of the film. It's a bouncy little tune called "Chick Habit" and I can't get the damn thing out of my head.

"Death Proof" as I mentioned in the review has the QT touch, all the way down to the soundtrack. Each song was handpicked and conveys the feeling of the film. In the beginning of the movie, you hear Smith's cover of The Shirelles' "Baby It's You" and it sets the mood of the film. By the end of the movie, you are hooked all the way into the credits. That's when you hear "Chick Habit" by April March. I had never heard of her before, but Tarantino has, which is great for the listener. The hard part about the song is once you hear it, it's stuck in your brain for a while. A good while. It's the same with every QT film. You hear "Misirlou" by Dick Dale and His Del-Tones, you think Pulp Fiction. Everytime I hear "Whoo Hoo" by The 5,6,7,8's, not only do I think of how much I don't want Vontage, I refer back to "Kill Bill". And now, I refer "Chick Habit" to "Death Proof". As it turns out, the song is actually a cover of a 60's French Pop tune written by Serge Gainsbourogh. Only Tarantino could do that kind of damage. Anyway, here's the link to a site called Gorilla vs. Bear that has MP3 of the April March version. Now you'll be stuck with it, too.

Also, here's the video to the original version, sung by France Gaull. As much as I've listened to Rap today, I still can't get it out of my head. I start classes again tomorrow and I don't need this looming.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home