Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Counting Down To The Grindhouse


Okay, just days away from seeing the pop culture phenomenom known as "Grindhouse". Most of you should be used to me seeing a movie like this. I was the same way for "Snakes On A Plane" last year and I was sorely disapointed after seeing it. However, "Grindhouse" is diffent because of directors Quenton Tarintino and Robert Rodregez, whom booth I have nothing but respect for. Every clip I've seen from "Death Proof" and "Planet Terror" looks fantastic. Plus, the film itself plans giving viewers the experience of going to a dark, dank movie theater in the seventies that showed only the wildest films back to back at midnight, scratched film, missing reels and intermission extras and all. I remember going with my sister Linda on a Sunday afternoon and caught a martial arts double feature when I was seven. Kids sreaming at the screen for the hero to look out! The sound of daggers flying through the air! Bruce Lee jumping in midair! Those images stuck in my mind forever and I can't thank her enough for that. So, if you plan to relive your childhood at the movies this year, then this has to be the way to do it.

So enough of my raving. Here's a few clips from "Planet Terror". I'm going to see it this week. If you want to go with me, let me know. Just remember to tell yourself, "It's only a movie. It's only a movie. It's only a movie..."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home