Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Amy Winehouse

Last year, I told you all about my favorite new musical act, Gnarles Barkley. This year, I'm gonna introduce you to Amy Winehouse. I heard about her in a little blurb in Entertainment Weekly a few months back about a mini concert she did in NYC. It's not that hard to describe her sound: Imagine if Keith Richards had a daughter who could out drink him and out sing him. She's got a real soulful voice, kinda like Etta James and the music backing here reminds me of the Wall of Sound with soem very witty lyrics. Anyway, here she is with her video, "Rehab." Check out her album, by the way. It's great listening for a Friday night, especially after a drink or two. Or if your Amy, a bottle of Jack.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home