Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Friday, October 06, 2006

Popeye Was A LIAR!


First let me say that I am alive, thank the stars. If you didn't hear the post below, I ordered the spinach dip for a restaurant on Wednesday, only to forget the whole e-coli thing going on. Truthfully, I didn't sleep a wink that night worried about the fact that I could have eaten tainted spinach, which I had only began to return to after banishing it as a child. Wasn't the reason kids don't eat spinach is it's yuck anyways? And now it wants to kill you?

Now that I'm older, I've done my best to eat healthy, especially in my condition. I do my best to eat as much fruits and vegetables as I can, but this has me freaked. The self same food that's supposed to give me all the iron I need is now on a vengance. Is this for all the years of feeding you to the dog when mom wasn't looking? Was it for that one time when we blindly rooted for Brutus to pimp slap Popeye to Mars? What did we ever do to spinach?

I'll still eat my leafy greens. I'll enjoy my salads, my cole slaw, my collard and mustard greens (by the way, that's a Southern thing. If you've never had collard or mustard greens, you really don't know what you're missing. Watch Paula Deen's show and see if you don't drool out of the side of your mouth when she cooks it). However, I am once again done with spinach and this time for good. You lied to me, spinach leaf. You told me you were full of antioxidants and now you kill. Damn you, spinach. Damn you to Hell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home