Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Friday, September 22, 2006

Wakin' Up In Savannah

You'll have to forgive me if you haven't seen anything new here in the past few days. Once again, I had surgery on my arm again due to a blood clot. See, the bad thing about having a stint in your arm means that you have to very carefull how you use it. I'm not sure if I slept on it or not. Since this is for dialysis, it's become very delicate to me. My arms look like they've gone thru razor wire with all the cuts and scars on them these days. But such is my fate. Besides, it makes me look muy macho and all. Chicks dig it.

Surgery went well once again. I got knocked out well and woke up in a daze, per usual. I alos had a new surgeon take care of problem and kept the cuts very small which was great. However, my problem was having to take the Percodan afterwards. I don't know if you've ever done the stuff, but here's a tip. Take it only when you need it. I took two pills twice a day for only four days and cut myself off after that to ween myself from it. It took me three days afterwards to come down from the high of it. I could barely think straight, I was tired all the time and was feeling like I had gone to Woodstock '69 and had the brown acid. Today is my first real day back to work afterwards and I feel great now, but I wasn't for a week. The short of it all is I'm fully awake and ready to get back to my normal routine. If having to get plugged into a machine three days out of the week and feeling tired the other four days is normal to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home