Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

No More Klumps!


Today is a good day. I have regular televison again, meaning I have Dish Network here in Casa De Sammy. I bought America's Top 120 package, which means I'm watching Turner Classic Movies again. This also means I'll never leave the house also, so any possibility of meaning the opposoite sex is destroyed unless I can get them to come over and watch some tv. But it's a good thing, folks. I saw a friend I haven't seen in over a year since my fundraiser and he told me I look great for a guy with kidney failure. So, I guess being a semi-hermit has worked out.

Another good thing about staying home is that Hollywood is making more and more direct to DVD movies. Okay, so most of them suck, but their catching up, especially in animation. Warner Brothers and DC Comics are producing films based on their books that aren't geared towrds kids, ala "Ultimate Avegeners" (good first film, by the way. I'm picking up U.A. 2 today.) and now I hear Jerry Lewis is working on a cartoon version of "The Nutty Professor". It's great to see Jerry back on the screen, even if it's a toon. But the man has gotten older and I don't think he'll be doing the pratfalls he did years ago. But, I'll be picking it up as soon as it's available. Now, if they slap "Snakes on a Plane" on DVD today, I'll never have to leave the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home