Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mr. Radio

I've honestly very busy at the radio stations the past week, and will continue to do so till further notice. It's not a bad thing since it's gonna pay the bills for one and it keeps me active for the other, so I'm happy about that. But, I do have other responsibilites, i.e. taking care of this blog. So, I decided to do something I should have done months ago. I'm gonna finally finish up that podcast.

You may have remembered a few months back that I was going into the studio with a freind to work on what would have been the first show. For the record, let me say that it sucked. My friend Sam Diamond was supposed to edit the show down so it would be web ready, but never got back to me on it. That just told me that too many Sams spoil the soup, so I was gonna have to do it myself (Sorry, Sam. You're a good man, but this is a dream I've had for a long time and I gotta see it through.) I made an attempt of it here at home by downloading a program called Audacity where I could record the show on my laptop and upload it from there, but it didn't feel the same as it would if I were in my element. So tomorrow, I'm going off into the production suite of the station and will FINALLY put down the very first "Real Sam Johnson Radio Show" (thought you'd never see that name again, didya?). It'll be filled with some very ecclectic music, theme songs from tv shows, and chat from me. I hope to have it up by my birthday this Wednesday and you'll give it a listen. Mind you, I'll be doing it around 8 in the morning, so I'll either sound very tired or very sexy, as I have a really great morning voice. Tell your friends.

UPDATE Well, it's done and I'm tired. I started on it around 7 in the morning on Sunday and finished around 12 noon after uploading it to an ftp site. I'll have it on Yahoo, ITunes and other places around Wednesday. Just a warning...I don't know the length of most podcast, but mine is clocking in at nearly forty minutes. But, it's forty minutes of fun and I hope you'll like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home