Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Must See TV, 2006-2007

I've just seen a clip for what could be the bestr new show this fall, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip". It was created by Aaron Sorkin, who's done great work with "The West Wing" and "Sports Night". Honestly, I've never seen the latter, and I've only had chances to see the former, on occasion. But, what I did see was good stuff. After watching this six minute preview, which was shown during NBC's fall upfronts for affiliates on Monday, I have a feeling that this show, which follows the inner workings of a late night comedy show, could be a breakout for the network, which has scheduled it for Thursday nights at nine after "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" and before "E.R.", which makes this comedy/drama a good fit. The trick is though that NBC has also scheduled Tina Fey's new show "30 Rock" which is simular for Wednesday nights. Mind you that both shows are alike and aand give a sort of bird's eye view to "Saturday Night Live", which may tell you what the newtork feels about the long running program. However, what I saw from "Studio 60 was very impressive and I can't wait to see the full product. If the dialog is as good as what I saw, I can't wait for the full season. Look for yourself here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home