Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Thank You


I was sitting in the clinic today and while I was going through the motions of dialysis as I do, I watched most of the memorial for Coretta Scott King. I hate funerals. You know this by now. But, this one I had to go to. This was a celebration of a great woman. I mean, over ten thousand people to honor her inside and thousands of others outside in the Georgia cold listening thru speakers of the event. This was a thank you to the mother of the civil rights movement. A thank you for reminding us to keep our eyes on the prize like her husband reminded us, and not just blacks. Everyone.

She's together with her beloved husband Martin again, possibly telling him of the journey she's taken since he left us. I hope they have a good long walk in Heaven. To quote one of the speakers at the memorial, "Home at last, home at last. Thank God almighty. She's home at last."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home