Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tales From The Comic Box #1

This will be a semi regular feature here this year, as I've been promising myself to talk more about the store, it's products and it's wacky customers. Now, for those who've never visited a comic book store and have always wondered what it's like working or visiting in one, its not what you think. And, it's everything you think. It's just like every other retail store you've ever stopped in. Only nerdier. Sure you got guys like Mike Sterling out there to tell you of his store adventures, but I figured there's room for one more guy to tell his tales. I got some good ones, too.

For two years, I was the assistant manager of The Comic Box. I still go there every other Sunday to help out behind the counter, but I don't get to get over as much as I used to due to time constraints. Still, it was one of the best jobs I ever held, other than being in radio. I mean, I was surrounded by comic books all day. How many other folks can say they get to work around their hobby all day? It's wonderful. Every Wednesday, the new books would show up and a buzz of fanboy activity would swarm around the store. Could Superman beat Spider-Man? Why wasn't Archie just using Betty for "that thing"? Is Todd McFarland the most overrated artist ever? Did Greedo shoot first? The most goofiest, yet fun conversations you ever heard in your life. Yep, everything you have heard in a Kevin Smith film. 'Cept real.

I hope you'll stick around for the fun.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home