Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It's Official!

Well, good news. I got the call from the guys at WEAS and I'm back on the air this Saturday from 4-pm. It'll be interesting, since I'll have to do the club thing later that night, so we'll see how many folks will follow m e from the station to the club.

On separate note, I'm not sure how many of you saw "Team America: World Police" yet. Yesterday was my second time. From the looks of the box office take, not alot of folks are going. But, I will say you're in for a treat. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen all year. If you're expecting this to be a Pro Kerry/Pro Bush Movie, forget it. This is a Pro America Movie and the hell with the rest of the world. After watching for a few minutes, you almost forget it's all done with puppets until something reminds you that they all have stings. The controversial sex scene will definitly do that. Yes, it IS dirty, no dirtier that you playing with naked Barbie making it with G.I. Joe. Ken was never that macho. When this does come to DVD, expect it to be a cult hit. Even the music is worthwhile. I promise, you will laugh.

Ok, I gotta run. I'm off to the see "The Grudge" with friends. I'll have an audio post later about last night's benifit for The Savannah Film Festival and why I hate stuck up shoe gazers. Talk to you soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pandora said...

You will have to tell us how you liked "The Grudge". I might go to that movie on Saturday and I would like to know if it would be worth pluncking down my hard earned money for. I wanted to go see a good scary movie for Halloween. Or maybe I will go see "Team America" instead. I bet it's a better movie.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Spider-Man said...

Gotta disagree with ya on the whole Team America thing Sammy....

MJ and I struggled through it. Let me say this up front, I'm a huge Thunderbirds fan but this was just wrong. I'd agree with you that this will most likely become a cult favorite as it has the 'cultiness' about it. I'd place it in the whole Rocky Horror Picture Show, Plan 9 from outer space, and Christmas Story category. Great movies for select groups of people.

Great news on the call Sam. Wishing ya the best of luck at WEAS!!

Gotta hit the skyline. Spider-sense is already going to beat the band. This whole eclipse thing is gonna keep me up all night. People go nutso when it comes to the moon.... (sheeeesh!!!)

Come visit sometime!
http://spiderman2004.blogspot.com
Take care,
Spider-Man

7:38 PM  
Blogger catfishvegas said...

I love the premise of Team America and parts were side-plitting, but overall I think they rushed it through production too much and could have made a lot funnier.
Still, it was worth catching and I think the DVD will be great if they can add in what they cut out.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Wow...Spider-man visited my blog. I feel honored. Now how about the Hulk showing up? By the way, good to see you< catfish and Pandora!

My review of The Grudge is up and I think it's pretty honest. I may not be able to sleep for awhile. Like I can't sleep anyways.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home