Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I didn't know he'd be talking about this...

Ok, enough talk of who gets to be King Of Latenight for now. Time to do what we do best here at The Real Sam Johnson Show. Kvetch.

Yeah, that oughtta kill all that traffic we've been getting here lately.

It has been about a month and a half since I talked to my friend/laywer, Colin McCrea about getting an LLC so I can start fundraising for my kidney transplant. I haven't heard one frickin' word from the guy. I know he works for a hugh firm, but he could at least call me, or have his people call me and let me know what's going on. Not one word.

Now, I feel bad enough wanting to ask folks for money for a body part. I feel bad enough asking folks for a nickle, but I'm going to have to ask for almost 150,000 dollars here. Do you know what kind of pressure that puts on a guy? It makes me wonder how Jerry Lewis feels on Labor Day. It must be hell on the nerves.

I think what I ought to do is just stand on the corner with a sign that says, " Will walk dog for kidney", or something of that matter. I'm tired of having to sit in that clinic all the time, I'm tired of being sick, I want a Route 44 grape/lemon slush from Sonic instead of watching my fluid all the time. I want my life back. This blows.

More funny later...

UPDATE I thought that, since I'm becoming an LLC, we should have some kinda doucmentary on how I am now becoming a brand name. So, watch this and remember, Sam's the brand when it comes to kidney transplants!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Good luck with the kidney transplant! My hubby will have to have one of those someday too, so I know how badly that can suck.

Maybe you could set up some sort of PayPal thing for donations? It could be like a virtual street corner, your sign could say "Will Post For Kidney".

5:47 PM  
Blogger david said...

Damn straight, Aimee Roo. Sam, when the time comes, you just send up the "BatSignal" and we'll start beating the bushes of the Blogosphere -- don't know if we can raise $150K, but we'll do what we can, my friend.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home