Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Saturday, September 04, 2004

And now, an update...

My feet are killing me.

I took the MARTA over to Dragon*Con. Wasn't too bad of a ride. I got there around two p.m. and let me tell you I was scared for my life. Te last time time I went, I was 28 years old. I didn't have a care in the world. Well, the rules have changed in ten years. I saw things I ain't never seen before.

I saw five Boba Fetts, 12 Stormtroopers, 8 Klingon, 3 Spider-Men, and a crapload of Hobbits and elves. There were women who were dressed very sexy and women who didn't need to be dressed sexy AT ALL. Every man had a pot belly ('cept me), and every nerd had a even nerdier girlfriend. WOW.

I bumped into David Carridine of "Kill Kung Fu Bill" fame. Here's a world exclusive interview with him.

Me: "Hey, Mr. Carridine!"
David (walking and not reall paying attention):"Yep."
Me: "I was wondering if I...could...take...a pic..."

The crazy bastard was on the escalator before I could finish. I hope Uma gets to him one more time so he can get chased by the ghost of Bruce Lee for stealing his TV show.

SPeaking of which, I made a hefty purchase. I bought over one hundred and fifty dollars on DVD's of old cartoons. There's a great place online called Cool Stuff Video that puts together all kinds of cool old shows, old anime and Japanese shows from the 70's, plus some weird stuff you can't find anywhere else. I've been wanting to order from this guy for a long time but never had the chance. Well, he just happen to be at the Con this year and I never knew about it. Well, I wen't nuts and got some, well, really cool stuff. I'd have almost gotten The Star Wars Holiday Special if I didn't have it on VHS. But I'm gonna get it anyway just to see hot Wookie love and to see a coked out Carrie Fisher. Maybe Lucas should have just put this out instead of this new crap.

Well, I think I'm going to hit the hay. I'm going to try to go Sunday to start wroking on the comic purchases. I wound up carrying 40 pounds of DVD's and tapes baclk to the hotel with me and then wound up getting on the wrong MARTA, so yeah, I'm pooped. I still have to seee me family and get with Ronnie and Bernadete before I go. So much fun, so little time.

Oh, and no sign of Warren Ellis. But, I'm lookin for him like Spider Jeruselem.


2 Comments:

Blogger ESP said...

Yay Spider! TransMet rox!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney Vacation

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home