Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Listen Up, Troops!

Here's what's going on. Monday morning at 8 a. m. I finally go to the dental surgeon. I'm not happy about , but it's for THE LIST. Later, after the drugs have worn off, I go to dialysis. Now, that's normaly a Tuesday, but I have to prep for the colonoscopy by drinking this stuff that cleans you out...Compleatly. Then Wednesday, it's the big one. I think I'll have lost 50 pounds from not even being able to eat a damn thing. So don't expect much from me this week other than whining and moaning. Expect lots of water, Jello, apple sauce and broth, not in that order or mixed together. So leave your comments here or just start a conversation that everyone can join in on in the comments. I'll try to catch up later. Have fun, chillun!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Okay, I'll start the topic off. Who do you think the greatest bands or musical artists of the 20th century. I'll make mine quick and say The Beatles. Now, who do think was the most overrated Band or artists of the
20th century? I say the Doors on this one. No apologies. It was just a load of mumbling and weirdnes for me. Jim Morrison was just a drugged out freak who once in a while did a good tune, but he wasn't the Lizard King to me, just a spoiled kid who got what he wanted. So there.

Your turn.

11:09 PM  
Blogger ESP said...

Yah, I never got the whole Doors thing. Bruce McCulloch did the best take on that whole phenomenon ("Viva la DOORS!")..

I find it hard to disagree with the Beatles, but I personally have been much more influenced by RunDMC. As for overrated? Hmm. How about Ricky Martin?

10:18 AM  
Blogger catfishvegas said...

Love the Beatles myself, but I still often times consider them overrated.
Best of the best? I'd have to say Bob Dylan. From his first album in 1962 to his latest in 2001, nobody has put out as much great stuff. There was some crap in the middle, no doubt, but in terms of bringing a real art to rock 'n' roll and pop music, Dylan got the job done. He influenced countless people, including the Beatles and the Doors and in some ways perhaps even Run DMC...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Pandora said...

For me one of the greatest rock bands would have to be Led Zeppelin. Aeorsmith is another. I like so many different bands that it is difficult for me to pick out just one. I always felt that the band Collective Soul was one of the best bands although they never got the credit they deserved.

Most overrated...please, don't get me started! :-) How about Britney Spears, John Mayer, Cher, Madonna, etc...I could go on and on!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home