Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

How many folks from Dogpatch, U.S.A. showed up?

Let's talk Olympics AND The MTV Awards for a sec, shall we?

I was happy the Games went without a hitch this year. I'm glad a lot of athletes had their chance to shine, including the U.S. women that went. Not the gymnasts or runners. I'm talking the softball team, the basketball team, and of course, woman's beach volleyball. WOW. As for the guys, they did ok. Paul Hamm, who sounds like a chipmunk on crack in my opinion, should have just said he had the record and just given the Chinese guy the gold, out of sportsmanship. Speaking of which, the U.S. Basketball team should be ashamed of the way they played, all the way around for just being too cocky. The guy who invented basketball, along with Abner Doubleday, are just spinning in their graves after the way their games were played in Greece. WE INVENTED THE DAMN THINGS AND WE CAN"T EVEN PLAY IT RIGHT OVERSEAS? Doofuses.

Speaking of dumb as hell, I watched the Video Music Awards last night. This is what happens then you don't date. The show was uneventful, as MTV was afraid that Marilyn Manson was going to feel up The Olson twins. It was boring until Alicia Keys showed up with Stevie Wonder. After that, sleepytime. To be honest, my favorite part was watching Andre 3000 of Outkast say at the end of the show, "Ok, for the millionth goddamned time, 'Hey Ya'." I think even he knows it was played out the moment he did it on Nickleodion. Thank God Last Comic Standing is back. Now I can watch real TV again and get back to my summer pastime...

WISHING A HOUSE WOULD FALL ON ANT AND WATCH HIS LEGS CURL UP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home