Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Friday, August 06, 2004

Comments, We Get Comments...

Let me say that I love to get comments from you. It makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. That being said...

david said...
"Green ARROW? No, no, Sam -- you should love THE GREEN HORNET! It's my latest obsession - and it's got Bruce Lee as a bonus!"

Tell me he didn't just go there.

First, I have to give the na no ("Pootie Tang" reference. WATCH IT!) to David on his Green Hornet comment. I've been watching the show on The Action Channel(Time Tunnel is back!!!) and I think the show is great. Short, simple, to the point crime drama. Looking at those shows, it's great to see The Little Dragon, but the show is called "The Green Hornet" and Van Williams did one hell of a job. He reminds me now of George Clooney in "Ocean's 11" if you think about it. Besides, The Hornet was bad assed before he ever touched TV. Listen to http://www.yesterdayusa.com/ sometime and check out "The A-Train with Wayne Shirey". He runs the show on his program and it's great to hear.
Now as for G.A., Here's a guy who went from Billionaire to broke. He changed his style and his attitude and became one of the best anti heroes comics have ever seen, literally living up to his Robin Hood attire.
Then, he died.
Then, he came back from the dead. Cooler than ever.
He's middle aged now with a son who takes after his dad when it comes to arrows, his former ward, formely a heroin junkie, now back in the hero biz, and now an adopted daughter who wants to follow in her new dad's footsteps. He listens to jazz, he makes the best chili in the world, can make Batman take notice when he's in the room, and is doin' it with Black Canary. Don't believe me? Watch " Justice League Unlimited" Saturday nights at 8:30 on Cartoon Network. This ain't no "Superfriends" that's for sure. When you meet Oliver Queen, you'll think of him as an stubborn jerk at first, but once you get to know him, you realize that he works harder than any of the other heroes in the League. Just to make sure that ordinary folks have their say surrounded by gods. If Steve McQueen were still around, he would be Ollie on celluloid.
That's why I like Green Arrow.
Second, I'm gonna get the Stiller set, catfishvegas. Not much to say on that but it did give way to a bunch of great comics, actors and Andy Dick.
Okay, I gotta go to bed. Tomorrow, the ORAL SURGEON is pulling teeth to make sure that infections from my moth don't get to my kids. I'll be out for a day or two and the next time you're here, you hay hear me whine like the last time I went to a dentist. Monkey, go for it now if you want, friend . I'm out like Clay Aiken this weekend. Thenk You.

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Amen on Van Williams -- I'm absolutely baffled why he didn't become a much bigger star.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home