Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Saturday, July 03, 2004

What You See Is What You Get, Sugah!

I 'm having a big flashback for Saturday night. Thank God I have no life. Espn Classic ran Ali/Frazier III from 1975. I won't blow it for you if you ain't seen it. Then, the Starz Western Channel is running "More Wild, Wild West" with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin as the real James and Artemis. When it comes to those guys, Emimem was right about Will Smith. And all weekend long, TV Land is running a 48 hour marathon of The Flip Wilson Show. I grew up watching the show, since it featured prominent Black performers of the time. Right now, I'm watching an episode with Stevie Wonder. It's interesting to note that NBC has a good record of showcasing Blacks in their own shows early on, from Nat King Cole's program in 1956 to Bill Cosby in "I Spy" in 1964, to Dianne Carrol as "Julia" in 1969. Ironically, Flip's show was produced by Bob Henry, who also produced Cole's Fifteen minute program. Here's a piece from TV Party about Flip, Rev. Leroy, and of course, Geraldine. Have a great Fourth, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home