Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Monday, July 19, 2004

THE LIST...AT LAST!

I had a busy weekend so I wasn't able to write. But I'm here now. I'll give only the top five as noone cares for a top six list of favorite cartoons. I'll give descriptions to certain shows to save time. Let the arguements begin.
 
5. (Tie) Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and The New Scooby Movies. The original. No frickin' Scrappy. And when he met Don Knotts, Comedy Gold.
 
4. Fat Albert. If you didn't like it, you were like school in the summertime. NO CLASS.
 
3. Space Ghost. Back when he was a bad ass with a monkey. If anything, this should go to all Hanna-Barbera action shows of the sixties, from Birdman to Young Sampson to the Impossibles down. The background music was jazzy enough that it should have been used in the Matrix.
 
2. The New Adventures of Superman. In 1966, CBS decided to bring superheroes to the small screen and it's flagship would be this show with the guy who started it all. Perfect for the fact that the show was voiced by actors who perfomed in the classic radio show.
 
1.The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show. The reason I and so many Americans are so screwed up today.
 
Ok...Now what's yours?

5 Comments:

Blogger david said...

ACK! No, no, no to Scooby Doo! The bane of all animated television! NOOOOO!!

But you're right on with Bugs & Daffy...and strangely, I used to think that Bugs was the coolest, hippest cartoon creation, but as I get older, I've come to realize that DAFFY is truly the icon. Bugs is smart, crafty, and witty, but DAFFY is just -- plain ole nuts! And I mean that in the best possible sense.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Look, you have to add Scooby. I know that the formula had been bastardzied over and over, but the original shows were pretty cool. You knew that Shaggy was a pothead, Velma was gay and Fred and Daphne were getting it on while the "monsters" were loose. As for Scoob... Well, he was just a pawn in the game of limited animation.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Pandora said...

Velma was gay??? Man, as a stupid little kid that went right over my head!

My favorite was a little known cartoon called "Tomfoolery." I don't know why I like it so much since it was a very weird cartoon but to this day I can still remember the theme song. I also liked "Underdog" mainly because I liked Wally Cox's voice.

What can I say? I was a strange kid!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, it's Babs (Blogger is not recognizing my password). Scooby Doo was one of my favorites, as was Bugs Bunny. Daffy? Didn't matter one way or another.

Pandora, I remember enjoying Under Dog! Haven't seen that one in years and years.

7:09 PM  
Blogger david said...

"There's no need to fear....UNDERDOG is here!" With Sweet Polly Purebread, Simon Bar Simon, etc. Good stuff.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home