Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Hope Is On The Way

I'm driving down the road towards a Quizno's Subs, which I have never eaten before. Suddenly, I feel a rumble from the front passenger side and BOOM! My front tire blows out. I call some freinds, leave the car at the Quiz (as I call it) before I get an Italian and go home.

Ok, I know you want more. Gimmie a sec. This sub is good.

I'm back. Man, that's a good sub. That and a big cup of chewy ice hit the spot.

Anyway, I caught the Dem's convention. I thought it was pretty good in some places. Ok, only when Barak Obama spoke. I'm sorry. Kerry finally got the diamond out of his butt that started out a lump of coal tonight, but come on. Barak was straight bangin'. You know what? Don't let white polititians talk on stage anymore. Sorry y'all, but let's be honest people. Let's not have any more conventions. Just let Barak speak. If he was a Republican, Democratcs would be screwed. Let Barak speak. Then, throw on Al Sharpton on afterwards. That's right...I said it. Sure, he reminds me of my old man and I hate that bastard. But you gotta give it to Al on this one. This is what Black folks call "CHUCH". Not "Church". Y'all went to "church". Some Blacks even went to "church". I went to "CHUCH". This is the equvilent of the head deacon speaking about how things was, then the preacha givin' you a COME TO JESUS MEETING. I don't care who you are. Yes, Al went over his time. Yes, all the network pundits were mad he did that. But, ya know what? Until those two showed up, this could have been the most blandest convention. Now, the Dems realize that they are stuck with Kerry and Edwards and they HAVE to support him in November. But now, they just got the sermon they needed to get them thru it.

Oh, I almost forgot. This is post 199 in a series and two hundred is on the way. Let's pray I can do something cool for that one.

2 Comments:

Blogger david said...

I disagree with most of Sharpton's politics, but the man is a truly great public speaker - with a great sense of humor. I don't want him as my President, but I would love to have him as a friend. Or hosting his own talk show, which I think is in the works.

4:11 PM  
Blogger ESP said...

I agree with Sharpton's politics like nobody's business -- and he's got the guts to say what no one else at the DNC would (or has, for decades).. The Democrats need to prove that they are NOT Republicans, and he and Moseley Braun and Kucinich were the only ones really doing so in this campaign season. Kerry, meanwhile, is doing everything he can to look, walk, and talk like an elephant.

I like yer blog, Sam.. Keep up the good work.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home