Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Thursday, July 08, 2004

And Now, The REALLY GOOD NEWS

I think I have been approved for a kidney transplant.

I talked to a woman today from the Medical College Of Georgia who told me that matching funds would be available for me. In other words, If I raise one dollar, they will match it, up to ten thousand. I explained to her that I didn't want to raise any money until I knew that I would be on the list and it wouldn't be a waste of anyone's time or dollars. The woman said that if I have been approved for matrching funds, then I must have been certified by doctors to be on the list.

You know, I just want to jump around and yell "hurrah", but it feels so anticlimatic right now. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I feel like hell after dialysis today. Maybe it's because I have a Russian woman who has been e-mailing me for a while after seeing this page, saying she wants to meet me, when it could be a scam. Maybe because the guys are mad at me for taking the bills out of the house and giving them to my social worker so she can make sure I get my Medicade, while the water gets cut off because noone knew how much it was {I paid the bill in full}. I don't know.

In any rate, thanks to all of you for your prayers and support so far. It's been a long ass haul to get to this point of the journey, but the road gets tougher from here. All I ask is that you stick with me on this one, please. I promise to keep making you laugh once in a while {which, so far this week has been 0-6}, but let me warn you now. Things may get serious at the drop of a hat, so don't freak out. Keep your eyes out for the transplant fund in the next few weeks as we try to get things rolling. And once again,
thank you, especially the following...
Dave at Better Living Thru Blogging;
Tiffany at Blown Fuse (Don't let the office get to you, girl);
Monkey at The Monkey Cage ( Go, Monkey, Go!);
Mark at News From Me ( buy The DNAgents trade paperback from your local comics store. If not, buy Groo};
My freinds Bob Ruggerio, Jeff and Tina McDermott, Ronnie (Akira) Faust, My Bullet Headed, Fity Cent rapping, Got-More-Kids-Than-Me Lovin' kid brother Martin;
And, to Dave Hewitt, who stuck with me the whole way through this blog without even knowing who the Hell I was, why I take so long doing this, and if I'll ever get the girl. Who knows, Dave...You'll just have to hang around and find out. Thanks everyone. I owe you all a grape-lemon Slushie when this is all over.

3 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Hey, hey, hey! Excellent news, Sam! Be strong, be positive. Keep us posted on the Fund -- we'll all do our part to kick the 'Sphere Into Gear and help as much as we can!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Pandora said...

That's great news Sam!

I'll be sticking with you as well. I think about you every day and I know things will get better for you.

I'll keep reading.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Monkey said...

YES!!!! WONDERFUL news! That's what I was hoping it was! Go Sam Go! I have my fingers crossed my friend!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home