Sam-a-rama!

"Say, does this look funny to you?"

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I Have Seen Spider-Man 2...

And let me tell you, it was fantastic! I went to the Tuesday night midnight show where it was packed wall to wall with fanboys and fangirls swarming the theater. My roomates Jason, Joey and I had gotten our tickets on Fandangowhich made it easier to get our seats, as we were moved upahead of everyone. As we walked thru the crowd, an old nemisis from the Comic Box, Nick Ross stopped me. He and I would constantly rib each other, with me usually winning by just saying he couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight and he would admit it. When he saw me walking by him, his jaw just dropped. "How dare you get ahead of all of us!", he said. "How did you get in front of all of us?" I threw my ticket in front of his face and proudly said, "FANDANGO, BEEYOTCH!"

The roomies and I got to our seats, which was surrounded by some of the loudest and obnoxious geeks I have ever seen in my life. I knew they would be out in droves to support and nitpick about this movie like I would. But maybe I'm getting old, because I was ready to use my pimp hand to keep these kids quiet. When the movie finally started at 12:21 due to trailers and commercials I could have seen at home, the crowd went nuts and we were on our way.

The film was incredible. I can't find any other way to describe it. It is simply the best superhero movie ever made, even surpassing the first film which I'm watching now on HBO. Sam Rami has done the impossible with this film by combining human drama, comedy and pure out fantasy and making it work. I'm not going to give a full review because that I'll leave up to Roger Ebert. He says it alot better than I would and uses big words.
Oh, a reminder. Please read the "Clip Show" post. If you missed out on it the first time, read it again. Just for me. PLEEEEASE?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better than Superman II? KNEEL BEFORE ZOD, YOU MISGUIDED FANBOY!

The Mysterious Texan

5:13 PM  
Blogger Julian Silvain said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about mens male enhancement reviews) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about mens male enhancement reviews related articles and subjects.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home